St Edward’s Catholic First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Safeguarding Mission Statement
We are committed to
· establishing and maintaining an environment where school staff and volunteers feel safe, are encouraged to talk and are listened to when they have concerns about the safety and well-being of a child.
· ensuring children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried.
· ensuring that children who have additional needs are supported appropriately. This could include referral to Early Help services or specialist services if they are a child in need or have been / are at risk of being abused and neglected.
· considering how children may be taught about safeguarding, including online safety, through teaching and learning opportunities, as part of providing a broad and balanced curriculum.
· maintaining an attitude of ‘it could happen here’ where safeguarding is concerned.
· always acting in the interests of the child and sustaining a culture where safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or well‐being of someone at our school, please talk to the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy.
Designated Safeguarding Lead/ Prevent Lead: Sarah Matthews (Head teacher)
Designated Safeguarding Deputies: Andy McKell and Marijke Stone
The Nominated Safeguarding Governor: Dawn Smith
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about your child or other children at our school. If you believe that a child is in imminent danger, please contact RBWM Children's Social Care or the Police.
Our Safeguarding Policy can be found under Key Information - Policies.
End of Term 3
Start of Term 4
End of Term 4